Leadership Consulting Services
Take a look at our brochure to get an idea on the key areas we focus on:
Consultancy work with us follows 3 distinct phases, each of which has a different purpose.
Overall, this process is designed so there will be an early return on your investment.
We will provide you with a clear path forward that you can follow with us as your guides, or alone if you prefer.
This first phase is relatively short, and has the sole purpose of setting out clearly what problem you are trying to solve. Understanding your primary business problem and the nuances of the context around it will help us to develop the most appropriate solution options for your business.
This phase will give you a feeling for who we are and how we work. If you like us, and if we think we can help you, we will draft a proposal of work for the Discovery Phase (have a look at an example here).
Outcomes for the Initial Engagement:
- We will have gained a crystallisation of the biggest, most painful problem we are trying to solve in this collaboration together.
- We will meet with you, and whichever people in your organisation you feel are key to helping us understand your problem and why it is a challenge.
- We will document high-level suggested areas for both of us to focus on during the Discovery Phase. We may include some options we’d like to explore during the Discovery Phase too. This document forms the first draft of the Statement of Works.
- A meeting date to review the Initial Engagement and agree if we move on to the Discovery Phase. At this meeting we will review the outcomes above and agree the next steps.
The purpose of the Discovery Phase is to dive deeper into the specific areas we have identified and agreed to focus on during the Initial Engagement Phase. This is where we start to flesh out the ‘how’ of the work we have identified, and an opportunity to learn more about the context of the primary challenge within your business. (You can see an example of a Discovery phase document here).
Outcomes for the Discovery Phase
- We will conduct further interviews with the key staff you have indicated, and summarise the findings of conversations with them. (This will be in a single overview document rather than individual transcripts).
- We will explore the high-level suggested options from the Initial Engagement Phase, flesh them out with more information and enhanced recommendations based on that information. (This document forms the second draft of the Statement of Works).
- We will indicate where options offered before have now become more or less favoured in light of what we have learned, and ultimately our recommendations going forward.
- We will include our reasoning, any pros & cons that are appropriate.
- We will highlight anticipated requirements from your staff as well as from ourselves in order to deliver for each recommendation.
- We will include recommendations for gathering data and metrics, as well as explanations of why these particular measures will be useful to you.
- A meeting date to review the Discovery Phase and agree if we move on to the iterative Enablement Phase. At this meeting we will
- review all of the options for the Discovery Phase
- agree which options should be pursued during the Enablement Phase.
- These choices are reflected in the revised Statement of Works document, and this now becomes a basic agreement of what is expected for delivery for both you and us in the first Enablement Phase.
In essence this is about ‘doing’ the things you decided were most important at the end of the Discovery Phase, using the metrics and approaches we agreed. We will have agreed some objectives – probably for both your staff and us to deliver, as well as some metrics to start collecting.
This phase can be as many or as few iterations as you choose and of whatever length is appropriate for the work at hand. There is no need to commit to further phases beyond the current one.
You can see an example of a first iteration Enablement Phase document here.
Outcomes for the Enablement Phase
- After any Enablement Phase iteration you make decision to either:
- Continue to allow us to guide your business in whatever ways you think is most appropriate, with further Enablement Phases.
- Pause our hands-on guidance and either take a breather and let things settle in your company for a while, or progress on your own with our next steps recommendations.
Whether you continue or pause you will receive the same outcomes:
- As with the other 2 phases, the Enablement Phase ends with a meeting to review the related Statement of Works document for the last iteration to make sure we delivered everything, along with whatever measurements of that work we agreed.
- A draft Statement of Works for the next iteration of the Enablement Phase – this is a starting point for our conversation around what we see your company’s next steps being, and how those next steps might be actioned. As mentioned above, these next steps could be taken with us, alone, or not at all. (This document is fleshed out further if you decide to continue with us).